WISenvironmental - The Team
Principal and Managing Director
- BEng(hons) Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Waste Management
- Associate Environmental Auditor with the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment
- Member of the International Solid Waste Association
Roberto founded Waste Industry Services (WIS), now trading as WISenvironmental in December 1993. He has previously worked as a Chief Commissioning Engineer for Von Roll, Switzerland and as a Senior Process Engineer in the Waste Treatment Department of Aspinwall & Co Ltd in the UK.
Over the years Roberto has become an undisputed expert in the fields of project management, planning, plant commissioning, environmental audits and training, drawing on experience gained on a wide range of energy and waste engineering projects.
- Chartered Environmentalist with the Society for the Environment
- ISO 14001 Principal Auditor with the International Register of Certificated Auditor
- Orincipal Environmental Auditor with the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment
- Industrial Auditor with BREEAM
- Lead EMS Auditor with DNV Certification
Robert is an environmental specialist with an academic background to doctorate level in geology and geochemistry who has been working with leading environmental consultancies for more than 20 years. For more than 10 years prior to that he managed the environmental team of Cleanaway one of the UK's leading waste management companies.
He specialises in environmental auditing and liability assessments, environmental management systems and site investigations. He has participated in compliance assurance audits of manufacturing facilities of multinational corporations including Abbott, BMS and FMC during 2008-9 in the UK and Ireland.
Business Development Manager
Robin has worked in the energy sector for many years, gaining experience in senior roles with several multi-national corporations.
Previously based in the USA, he was Director of International Sales for the Oil and Gas division of a large German multi-national,
and was then appointed Executive Vice President of a listed biofuels company.
Prior to this he spent a decade in the Far East, running the sales and distribution operations for a European plant and machinery manufacturer in China and South East Asia. He was also a founder member of the Prince's Trust Business Leaders Forum 2000 in Shanghai, a programme to facilitate cooperation and dialogue between foreign and Chinese CEOs.